GET THE NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE
If I had a dollar for every time I've updated this text in the last few years, we would have been able to pay off our debt a lot faster! So here is the lowdown: I just love to share parts of my life on the blog, especially experiences that might help others live a better life! Welcome to my little home on the internet!

Read more about me here!

Five Day Money Makeover Challenge

Are you ready to give your finances a total makeover? Download my Five Day Money Makeover Challenge!

Download your Challenge Here!

a year in review

{happy first blogiversary to me!}

i am celebrating with a weekend of fun - stay tuned to see how you can get in on the action!

********************************************************

march 24th marks one full year since i started my blog.

i was inspired to start one by layla over at the lettered cottage and since then i have encountered so many amazing, inspiring, beautiful and loving people. i consider them all friends and enjoy sharing tales of my life with them as well as reading what they have to say.

i have also discovered the world of handmade. people like shelleyamy, maggie, jess and lindsey simply amaze me with their talents and touch my heart in the ways they share it with others and make the world a better place to live.

i have learned much about myself on the journey this last year. and i have every one of you to thank for keeping me going. :)

so stop what you are doing right now. go into the bathroom or pull out your makeup compact and look in the mirror and remember that you are who keeps me going! all your comments, support and camaraderie is what i love about the blog community! so thank you!

{ok now.. come back!}

so lets talk about some of the stuff i did around here this year...

we searched... and searched... and searched for a house...

until we finally found one!!

my mom started a blog to record old family stories...

and then she passed away, suddenly and unexpectedly of a heart attack on may 17.

i started healing from that by working on things around my house...

the first thing i did was organize under my kitchen sink...

we put up a barn in the back yard...


i went on a super awesome vacation with my friends...

i took a long break while all of this went on...

i made over this nifty filing cabinet...

the husband and i started our path towards financial freedom...

i brightenend up a tv stand {which was highlighted by jen @ tatertots & jello}

i hosted my first guest blogger!

wow! now that i look back, i have been one busy little bird!

now for the fun! i have some really great giveaways in celebration of my blog's first birthday! i am so excited to be offering these to you because they are from two of my favorite ladies in blog land... but it is a surprise! stay tuned to see who it is this week and make sure you come back and enter to win! :)

linked to tidy mom

1 comment:

  1. skye, i am so glad you started your awesome blog one year ago! i loved catching up on your life through this recap post!

    happy blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete

© Skye McLain - Simple Life, Sound Finances, & Savvy Business • Theme by Maira G.