GET THE NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE
If I had a dollar for every time I've updated this text in the last few years, we would have been able to pay off our debt a lot faster! So here is the lowdown: I just love to share parts of my life on the blog, especially experiences that might help others live a better life! Welcome to my little home on the internet!

Read more about me here!

Five Day Money Makeover Challenge

Are you ready to give your finances a total makeover? Download my Five Day Money Makeover Challenge!

Download your Challenge Here!

Closing Date & Under the Sink

Guess whaaaattt!!

We got a CLOSING DATE TODAY!

We are closing on our house on Thursday, June 17th.

Exactly one month, to the day, after Mom passed.

Now, finally, I understand why we had to "wait so long" to close on this house.

God sure knows what he is doing, especially when we don't!

Anyways, to commemorate our closing, I finally have a before & after project to show you!

DOUBLE YAY!

Under my kitchen sink. It isn't really messy to begin with but I just wasn't thrilled with having things just.. well.. sit there. I wanted them to look pretty and somewhat organized while I was doing it.

So while hubby was at work last night, my future SIL got down on the kitchen floor with me, the three dogs (my two and hers) and this:

and this:


So what? I like to have a plan!

We started with this:
The small trash can is for cans that we recycle for Habitat for Humanity. The green basket I have literally had for 10 years, and it was holding bathroom cleaning stuff. (yeah right... i do not clean bathrooms. PSH!) We don't have a dishwasher so I wanted our dishwashing detergent and my scrubby brush to be close at hand, along with the drain plugs.  I also wanted somewhere to store dish rags and cleaning rags that was easy to see and easy to organize.

This is what we ended with:


Not too shabby, eh? I ended up using 3M removable hooks for the baskets in the doors because the wood isn't thick enough to put the screws in without them bursting out of the other side. So, they are removable, movable and totally adjustable. Which I LOVE. I bought three small, clear shoe drawers from the Container Store to put dish rags, cleaning rags and sponges in. The wire rack beside the white trash can has two removable drawers to use for cleaning supplies so I can carry them around the house. I also needed somewhere to store my plastic baggies and wraps and the other door was the perfect place! You can't see it but there is also a hook for a drying towel for the dishes. Finally, the empty spot to the right is for my dish drainer, and it is just the perfect spot for it!

I lurve, lurve, lurve it!

Do you have your sink organized? I would be happy to help if you need somewhere to start! :) 

Thanks for all who have offered prayers and words of condolence in the past few weeks. Please know that they have been felt and I have treasured every kind word! I am healing but still have my bad moments. But thank you thank you thank you! and Beneath My Heart's Kitchen Clean Up Party!

i am linking this to CSI's Organization Challenge and Beneath My Heart's Kitchen Clean Up Party!




Visit thecsiproject.com

9 comments:

  1. That a good idea!! :) I haven't thought about organizing under my sink. It's a chaotic mess!!

    Congrats on the moving date and sorry to hear about your Mom!

    Jennifer @ Life with the Lebedas

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING!
    Come do mine!
    I'm burnt out, after the pantry. LOL.
    I'm totally going to do something like this. It's completely what under my sink NEEDS!
    Thanks so much for sharing this with me!
    ~Shelley
    houseofsmiths.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopped by from House of Smiths to check out under your sink. I love it...great idea for using the removable adhesive hooks...totally going to get these tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great!
    I need to do this so badly under my sink!
    I bet you love it.
    Thanks for linking to my party!
    Blessings,
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry about your Mom's passing. I love my mom on Sept. 22, 2009. Life is never the same. I miss her so much. But God is healing my heart.
    Blessings,
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  6. great idea. I need to get to Container Store. We have a corner sink so it's like a pie shape below. yikes. new follower from
    http://imnotatrophywife.com

    laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. I certainly could use some help....however I have a water filter, garbage disposal and 13 gal plastic trash can (small galley kitchen with no place for one). so trying or organize the cleaners rags etc with containers has been difficult....so it is a mess with things just shoved in crevices of the necessities. help!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you very much for this great post. this site

    ReplyDelete

© Skye McLain - Simple Life, Sound Finances, & Savvy Business • Theme by Maira G.