GET THE NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE
If I had a dollar for every time I've updated this text in the last few years, we would have been able to pay off our debt a lot faster! So here is the lowdown: I just love to share parts of my life on the blog, especially experiences that might help others live a better life! Welcome to my little home on the internet!

Read more about me here!

Five Day Money Makeover Challenge

Are you ready to give your finances a total makeover? Download my Five Day Money Makeover Challenge!

Download your Challenge Here!

mobile blogging

This blog is brought to you by the wonders of the 3G network and "Titan" the truck because it is honestly the first time in a LONG time I have had 15 minutes to sit down at a "computer" and blog.

I don't know if any of you have missed me (and really, I would fall on the floor from shock if you said you did) but let me just say...

I HAVE MISSED YOU.

Yes! If you are reading this I have truly missed reading about what is going on with you and yours and learning what you have decorated and painted and transformed! The inner designer and outer housewife in me has been seriously withering away without my daily dose of seaside cottages and menu ideas. So I have finally broken down and given in to blogging via blackberry because it is the only way I am going to get my fix until we get our internet up and running!

We have taken early possession of and moved in to the house mentioned in my blog titled 326 Hillside (sorry - don't know how to hyperlink via mobile device...) So far we are doing good! I have about 4 boxes left to unpack and a few minor reno projects to get done but for now it has been put on hold until we actually close on the place! We had some ummm.. let's just say "issues" with the financial institution and loan officer so today we transferred it to a new bank. We are in the underwriting stage and then it has to go to the Rural Development folks but we are hoping to close by May 26, although our original closing date was requested on April 26.. It has been one craaaazzzyyy month!

May 1 was my 28th birthday and also the day we moved in to our house. The weekend of May 7th my brother graduated from NSU in Natchitoches, LA so we went Thursday night to hear him perform at the pub and then graduate Friday morning. Right now we are on our way to Dallas to my husband's graduation from SMU Perkin's School of Theology with a Master of Divinity (and the heavens opened up and the angels sang HALLELUJAH!!) So after this weekend we will FINALLY get some rest and I am so looking forward to it!!

I have a video we recorded of our new house for some friends that I am going to post tomorrow, but for now its time to jam to Beastie Boys with the hubs and fly down the interstate to my home town! Peace! :)

No comments

Post a Comment

© Skye McLain - Simple Life, Sound Finances, & Savvy Business • Theme by Maira G.