GET THE NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE
If I had a dollar for every time I've updated this text in the last few years, we would have been able to pay off our debt a lot faster! So here is the lowdown: I just love to share parts of my life on the blog, especially experiences that might help others live a better life! Welcome to my little home on the internet!

Read more about me here!

Five Day Money Makeover Challenge

Are you ready to give your finances a total makeover? Download my Five Day Money Makeover Challenge!

Download your Challenge Here!

friday before & after {my new desk!}

so a while back i talked about a little desk that came into my posession...


it is a simple desk - it used to be a vanity in a friend's bathroom. but she bought an antique vanity and said i could have this one if i would just take it and get it out of her entry way.

and that is the story of how i came to be in posession of this little desk.

{for free}

amen.


well, the color of the desk wasn't working for me. and i really wasn't digging the big white chunks of adhesive left from removing it from the bathtub. and it was seriously clashing (in my eyes) with my new spiffy white filing cabinet.

so i painted it! i wiped all the cobwebs and tufts of dog hair off of it. i scraped the adhesive off. i gave it a pretty good sanding, wiped it down, put a coat of zinnser primer and two coats of my dutch boy sifted flour.

{i am really lalling in fove with this color. thinking about putting it on the kitchen cabinets.}

and now she is sitting pretty next to her bff for life, ms. filing cabinet.



 why yes, i imagine all my furniture as characters from sex and the city.

my mason jars and my newest little desk buddy - anastasia the armadillo



next task is to get the drawer under control. looks a lot like this:


yikes! better get to work! :)

p.s. i am also going to work on that chair! yeesh!

linking up!
centsational girl

1 comment:

  1. i loooovvve the desk! i love a good deal, so free= awesome!

    you're making me want to find a cute little desk to remake!

    ReplyDelete

© Skye McLain - Simple Life, Sound Finances, & Savvy Business • Theme by Maira G.