GET THE NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE
If I had a dollar for every time I've updated this text in the last few years, we would have been able to pay off our debt a lot faster! So here is the lowdown: I just love to share parts of my life on the blog, especially experiences that might help others live a better life! Welcome to my little home on the internet!

Read more about me here!

Five Day Money Makeover Challenge

Are you ready to give your finances a total makeover? Download my Five Day Money Makeover Challenge!

Download your Challenge Here!

blog partay!

Photobucket


today i am participating in a blog party along with my newest bloggy friend katie at life experiences! i have never done a blog party before but hey, who am i kidding? i am always down for a good time! :)


first thing's first. i am skye and this is my blog! (duh - i bet you already figured that out...)  me and my prandsome hince, chris, live in louisiana with our two dogs, rebel and sadie belle. we are a christian family and work with the youth group at the church my husband serves. if you ever need birth control, go to a youth meeting at a church. kids these days, i tell ya...


i work full time and blog/diy at night. we both come from loving families and are big OSU football fans. {that would be oklahoma state cowboys} i love college football and will root for just about anyone as long as they don't play in the SEC (except for auburn) and as long as it isn't UT.


on with the party agenda: if you think this looks like fun just head on over to dancing barefoot on weathered ground by clicking on that neat-o little button up there and link up your answers! :)

how would people describe your personality if they could use only one word. are they right?

hm. i think people would say that i am organized. and i would have to say they are right. im slightly ocd and like for things to be orderly and all my ducks in a row. it just helps me stay sane. if the world around me is alphabetized, labeled and in neat rows it makes the chaos in my head less scary!

be brave - tell us something very random and very weird about yourself.

i love to peel sunburned skin. is that gross? i certainly don't think so. i'd rather peel it in the kitchen and sweep it up than have it all in the bed. ick. ok enough talk about dead cells...

who is your favorite blogger? why?

it is seriously streessing me out that i have to pick one. one? really? wow. ok... while i love the pioneer woman and kate and layla and amy and beth and traci and chris... i could go on and on... but one blogger that i love to read and adore her work, attitude and spunk about life is shelley at house of smith's. i would love to meet her one day! she is so cute and would be so fun to have as a bff! :)

what is your comfort food/drink?

tex-mex is my favorite food. i also love macaroni and cheese and my favorite comfort drink is rich, chocolate ovaltine. {more ovaltine please!}




are you a hopeless romantic?

that would be a negative, ghost rider. im a realist and a head person, not a heart person. id rather spend the money wasted on roses and chocolates on things for the house or a good tex mex meal! the hubs and i have different ways of being romantic... like him going for a 5 a.m. run with me or me letting him go hunt whenever he wants. it works for us. :)

Movies: Action, Drama, Romantic Comedy, Documentary, Comedy? What are your favorite genres?

i love funny movies the most (ace ventura, knocked up, any monty python or mel brooks movie) and then next would be cult classics like boondock saints, lucky number slevin and the clockwork orange.

Books: Fiction, Non-Fiction, Romance, Biographies, True Stories, Self-Help, Devotional/Study? What are your favorite types of reading material?
 
romantic historical fiction (right now i am reading the outlander series by diana gabaldon), comedy (anything by sophie kinsella or jane green) and self help (dave ramsey).  and i have a kindle and i loooove it!


Music: Funk, Rock, Country, Jazz, Classical, Film Score, Blues, Classic Rock, Crooner, Alternative, Heavy Metal, Techno? What are your favorite types?
 
i don't listen to music as much as i used to. im starting to get old and it is turning into noise... but when i do i like country, contemporary christian and a little bit of the oldies mixed in.

Name one weakness of yours (confession is good for the soul).
 
donuts. they have donuts at my office every friday morning and if i indulge and eat one, i will eat the entire dozen. its bad.

If you could live anywhere at all (and take all your loved ones with you), where would you go?
 
st. lucia. we honeymooned there and i absolutely love it. it is where we (i) want to retire one day!

What’s something you consider yourself to be good at? (Don’t worry, it’s not bragging, it’s acknowledging a God given gift).
 
i am good at organizing! i love to take a place that is a mess and whip it into shape!

What is one of your favorite things to catch a whiff of?
 
i love the smell of freshly mown grass right before a football game. and because my husband rarely wears cologne i love catching a whiff of it on him. it is a sign of good times ahead! 

When you leave a social gathering, how do you feel?
 
i love it! i love to be around people and talk and socialize. i love to tell stories and listen to stories and make new friends and grow relationships. i hate to be alone. i like to be included!

If money wasn’t a factor, what stores would you shop in?
 
umm.. west elm, z gallerie, restoration hardware and pottery barn. oh - you meant clothing stores? i'd stick to target, old navy and maurice's! (don't mess with a good thing)

What is your greatest fear or strange phobia?
 
i am scared to death of roaches, people touching my neck and being buried alive.

What are your favorite animals?

dogs! i have two, my dad has two, my brother has two, my cousin has one, my mimi has one and my aunt has four... we are a dog loving family! :) i also like panda bears but they don't make very good pets...

 
alrighty that about wraps up this party! hope you had a fun time while you were here! grab your coat and keys because as my husband says... you ain't gotta go home - but you can't stay here. :)

8 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm taking part in the blog party too! I loved reading your answers! I'll be back to read more of your blog again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am from the blog party, nice to "meet" you! My husband thought I was the only crazy who likes to peel sunburned skin. I love when he gets burned, I find it relaxing to peel it and see how big of a piece I can get! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is awesome! i'm so glad you linked up. i loved reading more about you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "being buried alive" HA!!! That cracked me up! Do you really? or are you just being silly. Either way - you are too funny!!

    Oh donuts. Ugh. I don't even start or I'd be history too. I have a major sweet tooth but am also very health conscious, so sometimes it's torture!

    Your blog title cracked me up. I'll bet dyslexic people wouldn't even catch it! ha!!

    I'm so glad you linked up to my blog party. It's turning out to be a great one! I hope you meet lots of new chums. :)
    Lynnette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Skye, you are cracking me up!! Youth Ministry - been there, barely lived through that, ha ha. Seriously, hubbie just changed some of his responsibilities at church, so now he's the Discipling & Family Relations Pastor - so he now gets to oversee the Youth Minister. It definitely takes a lot of prayer, patience and energy, but we loved it. The peeling sunburn got me. Hubby accuses me of enjoying the process, but that's not it...I just want it over with, don't want it flaking off haphazardly for weeks (like he does, *shudder*). I like to organize, too, but 2 things hinder me - my creative side...and certain family members' "piling" sides. I get overwhelmed and have periods where I "give up" until I just can't stand it any more. It was fun checking out your blog. Have a great time at the party!! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. st lucia looks beautiful. very cute dogs. silly teenagers. hoping my kids are silly as in funny, but not as in annoying when they gfet there. though i may be doomed cause when i was 13 my mom went to my grandpa and said "if i was ever like this..i am sorry." nicve to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is darling! I'm adding you to my reader just because of it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog and I can totally relate on so many levels. My husband and I lead the youth group at our church and yeah...birth control. :D

    I love donuts too--they're terribly delicious, especially fresh. I'm an organizer, too! And I have to say those pictures of St. Lucia look AMAZING!

    Great meeting you!

    http://kevinandmel.com

    ReplyDelete

© Skye McLain - Simple Life, Sound Finances, & Savvy Business • Theme by Maira G.