GET THE NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE
If I had a dollar for every time I've updated this text in the last few years, we would have been able to pay off our debt a lot faster! So here is the lowdown: I just love to share parts of my life on the blog, especially experiences that might help others live a better life! Welcome to my little home on the internet!

Read more about me here!

Five Day Money Makeover Challenge

Are you ready to give your finances a total makeover? Download my Five Day Money Makeover Challenge!

Download your Challenge Here!

Massive Budget Update!

Here is the latest in our debt free journey! These last few months have been so crazy with school starting, business picking up for my clients, and lots of random traveling. It has been a challenge to keep up but we have continued to budget each month and make more progress!


Here is a reminder of what we are working with:

OUR ORIGINAL DEBTS

  • Best Buy Credit Card: $441.23
  • Student Loan #1: $859.03
  • Spark Business Card: $1,409.59
  • Barclay Credit Card: $2,377.31
  • Student Loan #2: $2,939.64
  • Student Loan #3: $4,464.77
  • Student Loan #4: $4501.44
  • Capital One Credit Card: $4,911.49
  • Student Loan #5: $5,427.62
  • Student Loan #6: $9,772.15
  • Car Loan: $6,800
 Total: $43,912.99

WHERE ARE WE NOW?

As of October 26, we have paid off another student loan (insert happy dance here!!!) and made another snowball payment this month to reduce it down to four debts left. YOU GUYS WE ARE STILL TRUCKING AWAY!!

OUR CURRENT REMAINING DEBTS

  • Student Loan #5: $2,648.16
  • Capital One Credit Card: $4,452.46
  • Car Loan: $4,500.45
  • Student Loan #6: $8086.25
Total Remaining: $19,687.32
Total Paid Off:  $19,216.23

WHAT'S BEEN HAPPENING

It is getting to the point where I can feel our momentum waning a bit, because our monthly snowball payments seem to be getting smaller and smaller. So it is time for another kick in the behind to get this train moving again!! I am SO READY TO BE DONE WITH THIS so we can move in with our lives! I think we need to have a Get out of Debt Pep Rally or something!!! At the rate we are currently going - it is going to take us another 10-12 months and I'm just really not okay with that. I wanted to have it finished in 18 months and we have really been a little lax with our budget and spending habits.

On top of that, I had an overnight stay in the hospital in September that the bills are starting to roll in for - it is looking like it will be between $2000 and $3000 dollars. That is a bit of a blow but it is good to know we can have that taken care of in a couple of months and have it off our plate so we can continue to move forward. And, as expensive as our insurance is, it is nice to have it for things like this because the original bill was close to $30,000.

If you do not have medical insurance, PLEASE FIND A WAY TO MAKE IT HAPPEN. This would have really just crippled us for right now so I am so thankful we have it!

In addition to that, I've decided to move in a bit of a different direction with my career (more details will be coming soon on that) and therefore I've let one of my clients go which means I will see a dip in my income which is scary for me! I am just on fire to get this debt GONE and the lowered income certainly does not help with that!

But, we will finish, and we will finish strong. I have big plans for myself and my career and I'm excited to make some major changes around here! Thanks for sticking around with me through the rough years while I figure myself out - I feel like my major identity crisis is coming to an end and I'm finally nailing down what my next big adventure will be!

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you guys! Financial peace is not for the faint of heart... but you guys are certainly up to the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

© Skye McLain - Simple Life, Sound Finances, & Savvy Business • Theme by Maira G.