GET THE NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE
If I had a dollar for every time I've updated this text in the last few years, we would have been able to pay off our debt a lot faster! So here is the lowdown: I just love to share parts of my life on the blog, especially experiences that might help others live a better life! Welcome to my little home on the internet!

Read more about me here!

Five Day Money Makeover Challenge

Are you ready to give your finances a total makeover? Download my Five Day Money Makeover Challenge!

Download your Challenge Here!

door as a headboard

about two weeks before we moved, mom and i found a door at a flea market.

its perfect. it has the original hardware, locking mechanism and doorknob on it.



so beautiful.

right now it is leaned up behind the bed that it will eventually be the headboard of.



i have been reading "making a door into a headboard" tutorials all over the internet getting ideas. my aunt kay will be here in october and our focus for the weekend is to make this into something even more beautiful..
 
like so...

from styleblog.cottagelife.com

or maybe this
from hgtv.com
and ooh i love the painted inset panels here...

from ohdeeoh.com

and so beautiful...

from remodelaholic

 any other ideas?? i would love to hear them! :D i will post a before and after once we get it done. i have plenty to keep me busy between now and then. more to come!


1 comment:

  1. Lou and I had the same idea for a headboard. We bought an old mahogany door at a flea market for $5. After lots of elbow grease and inspiration, it turned out beautiful. I hope you are able to view the link to the picture. Great Blog, Skye! I visit regularly and send links of some of your projects to my daughter in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete

© Skye McLain - Simple Life, Sound Finances, & Savvy Business • Theme by Maira G.